Get Your Start Here!
If you have a great idea for a new or existing business and the entrepreneurial drive to see it through, Starter Company Plus is here to help you succeed.
Funded by the Ontario Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation, and Trade – Starter Company Plus is an entrepreneurship program for businesses less than two years in operation. Qualifying applicants will receive:
- Training in business plan writing, marketing, and small business finance
- Mentorship from local entrepreneurs and professionals
- Networking opportunities with small business owners
- The opportunity to pitch for a grant of up to $5000
Ask Yourself the Following Questions:
- Do you want to start a business but you are not sure where to start?
- Do you need business training and skill development, learn how to write a business plan?
- Compete for a business grant of up to $5,000 to help you to start or grow your business?
Starter Company PLUS participants will write their business plan, complete two years cash-flow projections, take part in training and have an opportunity to compete for a grant of up to $5,000 to start, grow or purchase their business.
Funding Opportunities: applicants will have the opportunity to discuss financing options that are available for business owners. Applicants may choose to move forward to compete for a grant of up to $5,000. If your business requires additional financing to start or grow above the maximum amount of the grant, you must secure the funding and show proof to staff before you are able to receive the grant. If you are awarded the grant and do not have the additional funding in place by the date that the grant has been awarded to your business, you will be disqualified from receiving all award money.
Please Note: The award portion of the program is a competition, not every applicant will receive a grant. Applicants can only compete for the grant during the time frame of their application and acceptance into the Starter Company Plus program. Applicants must be a resident of the County of Renfrew and the business must be based in and operating within the County of Renfrew.
Information Session Dates
All meetings and training sessions are held online via Zoom. We feel it is important to place your health and safety first. In light of recent recommendations from the Province of Ontario and County of Renfrew in regards to public events and social gathering due to the outbreak of COVID-19. If you qualify for the Starter Company Plus Program you must be available to attend an information session.
Mandatory Training Dates
To take part in the Starter Company PLUS Program you must be available to attend business training. All training will take place remotely via Zoom.
- Interested individuals will visit: www.enterpriserenfrewcounty.com, select a date to attend an Information Session and fill out an expression of interest, (you will be redirected to Zoom).
- The applicant attends a mandatory program information session.
- Submit an application form electronically to Enterprise Renfrew County.
- A one-on-one telephone interview takes place between Program staff and the applicant to discuss the following:
- Interest in Starter Company PLUS Program (reasons for applying to the Program)
- Business idea/concept
- Participation commitments responsibilities
If you experience any problems or have any questions call at: 613-735-8224.