Downtown Niagara Falls Presents Street Studio
Calling all local artists! The Downtown Niagara Falls Business Improvement Area (BIA) is launching their first-ever outdoor art installation project, Street Studio on July 5th, 2022. With this beautification project, the Downtown streets are your studio and we’re looking for talented individuals to participate! This year’s Street Studio will feature four (4) large-scale steel maple leaves to be painted by local artists and installed on light posts Downtown. The themes will be displaying the artist’s interpretation of pride for being Canadian or images of sport, to celebrate this year’s Canada Summer Games hosted in the Niagara Region. The decorated steel maple leaves will be on display from August 3rd to after Remembrance Day.
Each artist will be responsible for painting four (4) steel maple leaves. Two (2) large leaves (41.2cm x 43.1cm) and two (2) small leaves (24cm x 25cm). All four of the artist’s leaves will be installed on the same light post. Of the four leaves, they can be cohesive or have individual designs, it is up to the artist’s discretion. We are looking to have 27 artists take part in this project. Spaces are limited and are on a first-come, first-serve basis.
In order to participate in this project, there are a few guidelines that artists must follow. They include:
- Artists must paint one (1) side of four (4) leaves
- Leaves must be painted with pride for being Canadian or Summer Games theme
- Artists must be currently living in the Niagara Region
- Artists may paint their name or social media handle on the leaves; however, they must be within 5cm by 2cm
- Leaves must be completed and returned to the Downtown Niagara Falls BIA by July 27th
If you have any questions please email Events@DowntownNiagaraFalls.com