A continuing Commemoration of our Community’s Veterans
A partnership between the Downtown Business Improvement Area (BIA) and the Royal Canadian Legion
Who is Eligible to be Honoured on a Banner:
- Any man or woman, living or deceased, who served, or continues to serve Canada or its allies, in a war or on a peacekeeping mission
- The person should preferably have some connection to the Niagara area (born, grew up, or lived here, or related to a current resident)
- There must be a picture of the person available of sufficient resolution to be reproduced on a banner. A photography shop may be able to work with an original photograph to ensure that the resolution is sufficient. Please contact the BIA office if you require more information.
Where and When will the Banners be displayed:
- The banners will be displayed every year in Downtown November from mid-October to after Remembrance Day, in conjunction with Downtown’s Canada Day Flag program
- The banners will be displayed for as many years as they remain in good repair. When normal wear and tear prevents its display, sponsors will have the option to replace it.
How to Order:
- Fill out the order form attached and mail with payment to the Niagara Falls Downtown BIA office at 4605 Queen Street, Niagara Falls, ON L2E2L7
- As the office is currently closed due to Covid-19, please contact us directly at 905-356-5444 /email – firstname.lastname@example.org you would like to make arrangements to drop off your application
- Cheques should be made payable to the Downtown Niagara Falls Downtown Board of Management
- The Veteran’s Information, along with a high-resolution picture should accompany the form, or may be scanned and emailed as noted on the form.